Sunday, June 5, 2016

Life lately....


To better days....

I've been living with obsessive compulsions for about ten years and during the last months, they have reached a critical point. My obsessive compulsions basically make my every day life tough.
Certain depressive episodes and panic attacks were added in the situation, and yes, I'm getting the proper help I need for them all.

How it's life lately?

An almost continuous effort.

I've thinking about writing this post for a couple of weeks, but never seem to find the words for it. After all, I'm in the process of figuring out things myself. So, I'm just going to write a few thoughts.

Imagine....

* ....waking up in the morning, along with your more-than-usual bad mood and all the intrusive thoughts in your mind.
* ....getting nervous whenever getting on a bus or train (because the next trigger might be "around the corner", right?!).
* ....those smiles you see in other people's faces and you remember that you used to laugh a lot once (you still do, but your smile and laughter are a percent of the original thing).
* .....all those things you loved, that now seem t please you less than they used to.
* ....the plans you loved making and the goals you loved setting, but now... it's one day at a time.
* ....all the triggers that can appear anytime, anywhere.
* ....this black hole inside you that becomes bigger in certain moments.
* ....all the thoughts that make you avoid things, perform rituals (even for the simplest things) and make you so nervous.
* ....all the thoughts of happier times that may make you smile, but probably make you cry in the end.
* ....all the moves you make to avoid contact with certain "contaminated" spots (even in your own house).
* ....the wishes of the constant thinking to stop and the effort to make it happen.
* ....the work with your mood....trying to find ways to get back to normal.

For weeks now, there have been a few good moments, a lot of bad and hard ones, and certain really really bad ones.
Keep fighting (until better times come) is the only thing I can do. And I'm doing it, 24/7.
And art is maybe the most important thing that keeps me going by the way.

And that's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment