Sunday, November 8, 2015

Being confortable outside my comfort zone

My first contact with the phrase "outside your comfort zone" happened about 3 years ago, through a TV series (I think I was already trying to get out of mine, but I didn't know there was a phrase about it). So, about 3 years ago I started writing about exiting my comfort zone and...try to make it happen! Yes, it was pretty hard and it went like one step forward, 2 steps back.
Until.....2015!
This glorious year....when I found myself into chaos, having not a single stability in my life for a while. And that's the point where something magical happened!
Having nothing to lose I started doing all the things that I was afraid or hesitant of doing:
* I volunteered to an art festival
* I asked others to go out more easily
* I started talking more easily to people around me
* I participated in workshops 
* I added my artwork and photography prints to my handmade objects brand (Daily Art by Angelina)
* I decided to bring my art photography to the next level and work towards making it a profession (Angelina Mavrogianni Photography)
* I started my first band (and I'm thinking of starting a second one too)
* I started getting used to talking to people I didn't know well (to do all the above I had to accomplish that too)
* I started publishing my poems to this blog (http://themicrocosminsidemymind.blogspot.gr/search/label/poetry)
* I started creating small videos with a cappella covers of songs I love

These are some examples of the things I accomplished during the year and to do them I had to go so outside my comfort zone....!
There were the good and the bad days, the days I was so much into doing something new and the ones when I didn't have so much courage, but I fought a lot, I worked a lot and today....

....the truth is I don't know where my comfort zone begins and ends anymore. 
I'm a little bit tired of trying so much sometimes, but magical things do happen outside your comfort zone and I've reached a point where the first thing that comes to my mind each time I accomplish a task is "what am I doing to do next to challenge my comfort zone?!".

Plus, I have started feeling comfortable with...not feeling comfortable 
and that's a marvelous feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment