Monday, November 9, 2015

Is happiness a taboo?


Blast from the past again.....
It was one day in junior high, I must have been around 14 years old, and as I was walking down the stairs with a friend at school I say to her "Oh, I'm blissful!". There was a boy walking in front of us and by the time the word "blissful" was heard he turned and looked at me and I must say it was a....kind of weird look, kind of. 
My first thought at that moment was "why did he looked at me liked that, I said nothing weird, I said something completely normal and pleasant". My second thought was "is happiness something weird for some people?".
Here we are almost twelve years later (oh, time passes so fast....!) and I have been thinking for a while....
IS HAPPINESS A TABOO?
And maybe we're afraid of happiness deep down? 
Is it so weird for other people (or let's say the society) to express your happiness openly?
What, you have to be like "oh, I'm fine...", "ah,I'm ok..."?

Well, sometimes I feel (and everyone else as well) BLISSFUL!
And more than happy to express it......!
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment