Thursday, December 10, 2015

Exorcising your demons


It happened on day during my theatrical play session. We had a piece of paper which supposed to be a letter that said that someone had died and left us a big amount of money in his will. So, we had to react to the bad news of death and to the good news of the will.
Without thinking about it much, I decided to use one of my greatest fears (which is my mother dying, I'm so afraid of the things and feelings that this will bring one day). And so I did, I took the piece of paper, I read it, I creased it and then threw it away while saying "What am I supposed to do with the money? I just want my mother back!".
It felt really good. I had taken one of my greatest fears, had put it in front me and faced it!

After that incident I realized how useful it is to face your demons by using them in everyday life, bit by bit, a small (or not so small) battle each time. 
A small exorcism each time....

No comments:

Post a Comment