Thursday, April 9, 2015

"I didn't want to, but...."


I have heard this phrase in many version.
Two great examples:
"I didn't want to go out, but my friend wanted to."
"I didn't really want to have sex on that date, but he/she wanted so we did."

Yeah, I can understand that there are times that you might do something that your other half wants (like watch movie) or go to a specific coffee shop that your friend wanted to go, but at some point I started noticing that people use this "I didn't want to, but...." phrase way too much.
And this got me thinking, what really happens....some have no personality, no voice for themselves and they can't say no to something? Or this phrase is just a cover up for not taking responsibility of your actions and the things you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment