Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Adulthood

To friends and family I refer to 2015 as "the year I became an adult".

Bad and unpleasant things (and a few better ones) happened during the year and it was my time to move on,
leave my "Peter Pan syndrome" zone to become a new version of myself.

First impressions of adulthood:
- life is usually closer to chaos than in order (I have almost accepted it)
- you need patience (still dealing with this because I don't do well with being patient)
- hello more responsibilties and anxiety (the more the merrier....not!)
- psysical signs of getting older (oh yeah, my first grey hair and the frequent black circles under my eyes)
- things happen and you start losing your faith in people, situations and the possible "magic" that can happen (but I'm still fighting for my faith in all these things and I 'm never going to stop)
- being happy takes a little more effort (and sometimes a lot more effort)
+ doing the things you really want (cause time passes right?!)
 + you express your real self  (I have started not giving a damn)
 + you learn to depend less to others (friends, lovers and people go away and you always keep on going and being alive and well)
   + eventually your relationships with others become more honest (by saying what you think and feel, by listening to them)
+ no matter what happens life is going on

So....at 26 I became an adult, but......
a part of me was, is and always be a little kid and this keeps me balanced.




No comments:

Post a Comment