Thursday, October 29, 2015

"The Umbrella Story"

To my friend (you know who)...


It was a summer night, a couple of months ago, and I was sitting in my living room with a friend who had an issue with a guy. I could put myself in her shoes and I payed attention to what she was saying.
 So, as we were talking, at some point I was laying back in my armchair, cool, drinking my soda from a glass with an umbrella on top (the ones they put on cocktails) and looking at my friend thinking that "oh her problem was tough and I was so lucky to be free of this kind of problems for a while
(during that period I wasn't so much interested in getting involved with anybody and I was all about myself and being free of guy problems and stuff).

It turned out that later on I would have the same problem she had.
And the times I remembered that moment with the umbrella drink in hand are soo many!

For one more time I realized that in life, whatever happens to the person next to you has great chances of happening to you too.
It's a "you-'re-next" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment