Tuesday, March 22, 2016

"Society dear, think twice!"

Note: This post maybe generalises a little bit, but these are my thoughts and I wanted to express them as usual.

My mother was raised by her own mother which was all about being nice, don't be a burden to others, act nice in public, help others, being a good person. The truth is that at some point we started realising (and mostly myself as I was growing up) that grandma was all about herself, she was saying she was taking daily care of others and her household for others but she clearly was doing it for herself so everything was the way she wanted to be. Plus, till today, if you listen to her she mostly says bad things about others and she's maybe the most camouflaged egocentric person I know.
I grew up in a small town where appearances were everything. Something is good if it looks good. For example, I know a couple of families that were quite abusive with their children, but they aways looked good on the outside, they seemed respectful, so they are treated as good people.
And in if you take a look around in your daily life, you're going to find plenty of examples of well respected (by the society we live in) people who don't deserve much respect.
Let me give you one more, quite humorous, example. Because I've always had boyfriends who were "good guys" and they turned up to be not so good people I always say that I want the next guy to be a bad guy, someone maybe not so respected for the standards of society (some think I'm kidding about it,  ut I actually don't).
You see, it's the same thing; appearances deceive, many times those who look like good and people on the outside are not so good if you take a look closer.
And respect from the society only means that you have a nice cover, doesn't mean you truly are worth of respect or that you are a good human being.
So, lessons learned I have started noticing more the "souls" and all the small things that people around me do and have mamaged to have a couple people around me that they're so worth of being around and being loved, no matter what they would be for the popular standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment