Sunday, March 6, 2016

"The Silver Ribbons" (a story)


One night I found myself on the shore. A beautiful sea was standing in front of me. The moon was making her seem like silver. I couldn't resist. 
I started walking towards the water. The first drops touched my legs. I shivered. Not frozen, but really cold, the water made me hesitate for a moment. Only for one moment. I continued walking.
The cold water made me feel like tiny creatures were touching my skin. But I couldn't stop walking towards the sea. Until I found myself inside the water, up to my waist.
The sea had a silver coat of moonlight upon it. Out of a sudden a ribbon left the surface of water, dived inside it and caught my leg, by the ankle. The natural thing to do was to try to free myself, but I didn't. The ribbon started drawing me towards the buttom of the sea. I now was inside the water from head to toe. I tried to hold my breath, but I couldn't manage it for long. I opened my mouth a little amd my nostrils filled with water.
"How could I breath underwater?"
I couldn't understand the why, but I could breath as if I was still on the shore.
The ribbon kept pulling me further and further towards the bottom of the sea.
I noticed that the light that was coming from the sky had changed. It seemed it was no longer night, the sun was up. Everything around me was blur. Rays of sunlight were reaching the bottom of the sea. They were creating shades of gold, yellow, blue and green.
The ribbon suddenly stopped.  I placed both my feet on the sand and looked around.  There was nothing near me. But I felt like someone was watching me. I turned around amd there she was.
She was petite. Her skin was so fair, almosr transparent, and her eyes were light green. Her hair were like made of ribbons; silver ones.
She came closer to me, she leaned even closer, she kissed me.
And then I couldn't breath anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment