Monday, March 21, 2016

"The playground" (a story)


He was blonde, tall and he was my boyfriend. It wasn't love at first sight and actually,  when I first met him, I wasn't so sure I liked him. But we got to know each other. He was smart, we had a great time together, and it wasn't long before we fell in love.
Oh, I was so much in love and there was so much passion between us. I had finally found a man to make that connection I always wanted!
Days, weeks, and months passed, until one day he told me that he was thinking of going to his hometown for a few days, to visit his parents. And he wanted me to go with him.
Ok, I was a little nervous about meeting his parents, but still, after a couple of days we had a very nice trip to his hometown.
I liked the place a lot, there was nature all around, trees, flowers, everything! And everyone was really nice to me. We had such a good time, we were going on small roadtrips, we were talking long walks.
Oh, I still remember that one day that we took a walk, we saw the sunset, and we played on a playground that was under construction, but the old swings were still up. Afterwards we sat in small cafe and had ice cream! That was a great day, except the moment that my boyfriend's ex-girlfriend passed by. She stoppes to say "hi" and I think that he didn't want me to meet her for some reason. Well, the truth is she wasn't so friendly to me, but I think this was logical, you never like the ex's next lover. Whatever.
After that day nice day, we were planning on staying for two more days in the town. The next day there was a party in the neighbour's house. We had a good time. But close to midnight my boyfriend's ex came. And after a while I  found them arguing in the kitchen. I started realizing that something was quite wrong with her after all. Maybe she was still in love with him? Maybe there was something he wasn't telling me? I couldn't help myself and I asked him and so we had our first fight. And it was a big one. 
I left the party crying. I went to the playground,  to try to calm myself. The old swings were still up. I thought of the previous day, when we had so much fun....
And I still remember it. Because you see, you can never know what someonw has on its mind or what an ex might think and do. And some people do bad things and harm others. And some kill, for their own reasons. You only have to be in the right spot, in the right time. Like I did.
And I'm still there. I can't play on the swings anymore, but I'm always going to be next to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment