Wednesday, March 4, 2015

7 days (of a broken heart)




I'm one of these people who break a lot and cry a lot (you can call us hypersensitive).
Oh, I still believe in real love in our days (and I'm not going to stop believing).
And seven days ago my then boyfriend broke up with me (plus told me that he had done something with another girl).

Hello hell!

And days passed and now I have a list of things I'm thinking and saying to myself (and I'm going to say to others when they'll come where I am now and they'll need my help):

* Grieve and cry as much as you want. Over and over. For hours and whole days.

* Be prepared to hurt a lot (the more you felt and have counted on someone the more you'll hurt).

* Be prepared to think about what happened from all points of view (why, was it your fault, etc).

* There will always be people who are going to stand by you when you're in need (a big thank you for those who took the time to help!).

* Give yourself the chance to say some last words to your ex - other half. Don't curse, it's not good, but just say what you think. It's your last chance to do something like that. But then stop having any contact. 

* Talk a lot and share your feelings and thoughts about your broken heart. I did it and it was so helpful, it helped me start seeing things clearer, see things from other points of view, feel that someone is next to me and many more.

* At some point, you should start seeing things clearer, look at the relationship you had from a fresh (more realistic and less sentimental) point of view. In the end you (might) realize that things weren't ideal and that there might have been things you didn't want to see clearly when you were still in the relationship.

* One of the worst things are the flashbacks. I had my whole relationship passing in front of my eyes for days. But, at some point you should start controlling your memories and thoughts. A great help to that will be to.....

* .....start doing things. Things you like, plans that were left in the drawer for some time, continue being who you are (or used to be).

* Give yourself time and everything will be ok eventually.

* Try to turn around bad things that happen, so they can be good for you. For example for seven days now I didn't have an appetite. At first I was eating something just to eat and now I'm starting to feel hungry now and then, but I see it as a chance to lose the weight I had gained lately.

* Remember that what really counts is the actions that others do and not their words.

* In case you're a positive person don't forget about it, because that's a great thing for the post break up period. For example, find something to make you smile daily.

* Remember that everything that reminds you of him/her will eventually remind you of something else or it won't hurt so much.

* Think of the future and the things to come. I like to believe that the best things are going to come in the future.

* It's ok to think about the things you didn't do and those you did and you liked them so much, but there comes a time when you should replace those thoughts with the thoughts of the things you 're going to do in the future.

* Be proud of yourself. You are who you are, you've treated as good as you could the other person, shit happens, but don't let it effect the way you see yourself. It really helps me when I look at the mirror and like what I see, I feel nice.

* Don't stop being happy for others and don't stop helping others. It's a good way to be open to happiness (that will come in the future).

* Even if you are more broken hearted than ever ( I know that I am) don't let your heart close. Let it open because it will be whole and happy again.

Like you!

No comments:

Post a Comment