Sunday, May 10, 2015

The hierarchy of afflictions

A few days ago I was sitting next to an acquaintance of mine. This woman had one of the worst experiences someone can have. Years ago, she got married and driving home from the party after her wedding, she and her husband  had a car accident which left her with a hand with multiple breaks (as far as I know) and cost the life of her husband.
Now she has a family, a husband, two children, her job and her life.
And she's always smiling.
 I was sitting next to her, chatting and I couldn't help myself from thinking that I'm so stupid for overreacting about certain situations and needing time to move on, when things like that happen and a person, a human, has the strength to go through such a tragic event and continue living and smile!
After all my grandpa was definitely right when he was saying that we must set an hierarchy on afflictions....

No comments:

Post a Comment