Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The word "perfection".


We grow up in a world, inside a society, that asks us to be...perfect.
We should (or must?) have the perfect body, the perfect studies and the perfect career, have the perfect social life. We should (or must) have the perfect boyfriend/girlfriend, the perfect relationship and friendships, the perfect family. We should (or must) have the perfect behavior.
But why? Why should we go after perfection so much? To be accepted by others and prove ourselves to the society? It's so much to try so hard to accomplish perfection that sometimes we may lose the real point. We may try so hard to be perfect that we forget to  live, be happy and enjoy everything!

I was thinking about all these a few weeks ago and decided that one-step-at-a-time I'm going to forget about the word "perfection" and its derivatives.
There's a lyric by Serj Tankian that says "I abhor the whore who calls herself reality". 
I like rephrasing it, so it goes like that: "I abhor the word perfection!". 
Yes I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment